Monday 9 September 2013

Please allow me to introduce my camera: A 1972 Nikon FT Photomic.

After getting my films back I decided to buy a camera. My favorite camera was the Nikon F3. I’ve enjoyed a couple of those over the years. But this time I wanted something that was pure manual. No frills and no electronics (except in the light meter). This left me looking at either an Olympus OM1n, a Nikon FM/FM2 or something similar. I trotted down to my local camera shop for a look at what they might have. It’s a small town where I live so I wasn’t expecting much, but the Camera Shop in Hythe is pretty good. They had a customer’s camera in the back that was for sale, but they were not sure if it was working properly. The camera was a Nikon F2 Photomic with a DP-1 meter head, a 50mm F1.4 lens and a motordrive. £250 asking price. They let me have it for £200.

Here’s a pic of it on the bag I keep it in:

Nikon F2 Photomic
I bought the strap on eBay a few days ago as it didn’t have one when I bought it. The lens cap I found rummaging about in a drawer in a camera shop in Folkestone

I’m looking forward to getting my pics back from London this week. I hope that the camera has exposed them correctly.

This is a collection of tools from a Tuscan villa where we stayed. This is taken on APS film in a Canon IXUS

A scene taken on the Italian Island of Elba (I think). More of that APS film
Taken outside the villa in Tuscany. I remember looking for vipers before crouching down to take this. Nikon F4. I can’t remember what film stock. Kodakolor Gold, I think

 
A shot from the hip taken in Canterbury, Kent. Something has happened to the film making it look like it’s been creased up and then flattened. This is probably due to it’s age but might be down to bad processing. Kodak T-Max 400, Nikon F3, Nikkor 50mm F1.2

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment so that I know you stopped for a look or a sniff.